Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WD My Book Elite Review



"Western Digital has unveiled its new My Book Elite desktop external drives. The new My Book Elite drives feature automatic and continuous backup with WD SmartWare software and 256-bit hardware-based encryption."

Click Here for Full Article

A note on drives and backing up work:
Many of us don’t back up our photographs and documents until something drastic has happened. Hurricanes (I live in Florida), floods, theft, and just mistakenly erasing important things while chatting on the phone….we should take up doodling again, it’s so much safer. And...I digressed. It’s important to keep everything you do on an external drive. I keep very little on my desktop. When I’m working on a project I immediately save it to the external drive. Eventually I make copies of work onto DVDs or CDs. Always keep the drive at your office or home. When you take your lap top to a coffee shop or a workshop, save your work onto your computer and then onto the drive when you get to your office.
I have heard so many stories about people not saving wok in separate devices. The most recent story is of a friend who traveled with her drive and the computer and both were stolen. She did not have an extra drive with everything at home.
So back up the back up. Don’t wait for a disaster.
I also use the Lacie drives. They have them in all colors and sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment